LinkedIn

Sunday 27 April 2014

New Look for the PPSR Blog

I've been posting articles on this blog for just over two years now and although I don't get many comments the Blogger statistics suggest that there are plenty of people reading the blog and now and again I'll come across an article somewhere citing my blog as the source of their information (which is nice).

However, I have been getting a little concerned that, having ended up at one of my articles following a Google link or similar, the layout of the site didn't necessarily make it very easy for casual visitors to see what other PPSA related topics were covered on the blog.  So, I've taken the opportunity to give the site a bit of a face-lift and try a different format.

The new look is designed to give the visitor greater control over how they view the articles posted via a new menu bar:

New blog menu bar image


Each of the options allows for a different way of viewing the blog, from the, more traditional, "Classic" look, which is basically all of the articles, in full, laid out one after the other, through the 'Flipcard', which shows a small title card for each of the articles that you can click on to reveal the full post, and up to some more 'interesting' layouts which... well, I'll let you find out for yourselves.

Anyway, the point isn't to be fancy or clever but to present the articles in the most accessible manner available to me with my limited web skills.  

If the changes work for you and help you find something helpful more easily then that's great and I'd appreciate you letting me know. But, more importantly, if the new site design is causing you problems and actually making it harder for you to find what you're looking for then please, don't just click away in frustration, let me know and I'll try to fix the problem.

Many thanks for visiting.

Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment